Sunday 14 January 2018

Speaking Board Game

Here is another board game to encourage your students to talk about a variety of topics. It can be used as a time filler or practice for speaking exams. I'm going to play it with a new group of students in order to get to know them and assess their spoken English level. I particularly like to ask my new students about their favourite and least favourite teachers (questions 6 and 8) to find out their preferences and adapt my teaching methods accordingly. You can download the game  here




If you're about to start teaching a new group of students and are looking for some fun activities to break the ice with them, you can check out my other post in which I shared my favourite icebreakers → your first impression is your last impression

You might want to start the course by involving your students in a discussion why they are learning English, and getting them to brainstorm benefits of learning a new language. Knowing my students' reasons for learning English plays plays a crucial role in the way I shape the course, plan my lessons, and choose materials.  This lesson plan , based on one of the most touching videos I've ever watched, will definitely help your students talk about the topic


Happy Teaching 😸

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great feedback :) :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful article! I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read, thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing.Best spoken english institute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detailed and descriptive articles written in this blog is really very helpful for me as well as for other who seeking such kind of knowledge. It is definitely going to become useful in coming future.
    รถ เก๋ง มือ สอง ทุก รุ่น

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks
    Тренинги по продажам в Киеве

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks.speaking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the information.it helps me a lot.
    play-and-learn-games!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. https://hanna.edu.vn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Nice! you are sharing such helpful and easy to understandable blog in decoration. i have no words for say i just say thanks because it is helpful for me.

    Educational Learning Games.
    Educational Board Games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This information really amazing thanks for share this article thank you..

    tamilrockers malayalam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since minecraft expects java to run, you really want to guarantee that your PC has the most recent adaptation of java. Minecraft Server List

    ReplyDelete
  11. Additionally, you will likewise profit from quicker and simple access of your server from any area. Generally, you will have outright control to play Minecraft Servers when you feel like and in view of your own requests.

    ReplyDelete

Relax, take it easy ;)

Aloha! First of all, let me give you a quick spoiler alert: this post won't be about work.  The last few months have been crazy f...