Monday 1 May 2017

The importance of being idle




The title of this post has nothing to do with my bank holiday. I haven't been lazy at all as I've been trying to plan all my lessons for the rest of this week. Well, as you can guess, I didn't manage to plan ALL my classes, but at least I got to think up a few, hopefully interesting, activities. One of them is based on a song by the men in the picture below. Do you recognise them?






That's right, they are Oasis! And the photo is taken from a hilarious music video for their song "The importance of being idle" .


I decided to exploit both the song and the video to practice reported speech and reporting verbs with my teenage and adult students. Although they have been studying reporting verbs for years, some of my students still find it difficult to use verbs other than say and tell when reporting sentences. 


Hopefully, this activity will do the trick and it will get my students to become more creative with their use of reporting verbs. I'm also hoping to kill two birds with one stone and make them fall in love with Britpop. Fingers crossed! 


Click on the links below to see the lesson plan and the worksheet:






Hope you like the idea! Feel free to comment with your suggestions :)

3 comments:

  1. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains a lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.
    Best German Training in Chennai
    German Training Centers in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles.
    It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog.
    I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work..
    German language courses in Bangalore | German courses in Bangalore | German coaching classes in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Relax, take it easy ;)

Aloha! First of all, let me give you a quick spoiler alert: this post won't be about work.  The last few months have been crazy f...