Monday 3 July 2017

What music are your students into?



Every time I start teaching a new group of students I ask them what music they enjoy listening to. I also ask each group to make a list of songs (in English!) they'd like to work with throughout the course.

Here are some favourite tracks of my students (aged 11-17):




AC/DC "Back in Black"
AC/DC "Thunderstruck"
Adele "Hello"
Ariana Grande "Problem"
Bruno Mars "Marry you"
Charlie Puth "We Don't Talk Anymore"
Deep Purple "Smoke On The Water"
Ed Sheeran "Castle On The Hill"
Ed Sheeran "Photograph"
Ed Sheeran "Shape Of You"
Ed Sheeran "Thinking Out Loud"
Eminem "I'm not afraid"
Florida "My House"
Guns N' Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine"
Hozier "Take Me To Church"
Jason Derulo "Get Ugly"
Jason Derulo "If it ain't love"
Jennifer Lopez "Ain't Your Mama"
John Legend "All of me"
Justin Bieber "Love Yourself"
Justin Bieber "Sorry"
Justin Bieber "What Do You Mean?"
Justin Timberlake "Can't Stop The Feeling"
Katy Perry "Dark Horse"
Lukas Graham "7 Years"
Nicki Minaj "Trini Dem Girls"
One Direction "Drag Me Down"
Selena Gomez "Same Old Love"
Simple Plan "Freaking Me Out"
The Sugar Hill Gang "Rapper's Delight"
Twenty One Pilots "Heathens"Twenty One Pilots "Stressed Out"





For ideas how to use songs in teaching and  downloadable worksheets click here

Are there any songs on the list that surprise you? What songs are popular with your students? 

1 comment:

Relax, take it easy ;)

Aloha! First of all, let me give you a quick spoiler alert: this post won't be about work.  The last few months have been crazy f...